It’s Food Drive time!!
April 18 to 22nd
Please plan to bringÂ any nonperishable, shelf-stable food.
What types of food does Northwest Harvest need?
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice, beans, oats, pasta and tomato products in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions (ranked by importance):
General food items:
- Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low salt, sugar and saturated fats
- Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
- Canned fish or meat
- Peanut butter (plastic jars are preferred)
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Brown rice
- Whole grain pastas
- Tomato products and canned sauces
- Shelf-stable milk
Infant and baby foods:
- Baby formula
- Jars of baby food
- Powdered or canned milk
- Infant cereal
We also accept baby diapers.